BIM LOD SERVICES
SOLUTION FOR ALL YOUR NEED FOR HEALTHY CONSTRUCTION.
This is the service that lets the construction work go with a systematic plan and as per the flow it is been scheduled. LOD stands for Level of Development which defines how and in what way there is a start of the project and the end of the project. We at Silicon Engineering Consultants have a specialized team of BIM LOD engineers and designers who work in-depth and closely with the clients to understand the details of their project and based on that can prepare the initial stage of the design.
Well, the BIMs’ Level of Development defines how the 3D view of the building design will look like and with the help of different level of LOD’s how the construction model can be achieved. We at Silicon Engineering Consultants offers five options in LOD ranging from LOD 100 to LOD 500. Each stage of its has its own importance and reason for it is because it gives the insights of how and what will be constructed.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF LOD SERVICES
Moving further, here is the list of the LOD services with the specification and name as to why and how is it important. We at Siliconec understand the importance and the relationship between the client and the organization. Therefore, based on it, here is the different type of Level of Development LOD services.
- LOD 100 - Concept Design
- LOD 200 - Schematic Design
- LOD 300 - Detailed Design
- LOD 350 - Construction Documentation
- LOD 400 - Fabrication & Assembly
- LOD 500 - As-Built
EXPLANATION OF VARIOUS LEVEL OF DEVELOPMENTS (LOD)
Here is the explanation of the above mentioned LOD types which are mandated at the time of construction and proceeding for designing the structure of a building.
- LOD 100 - Concept Design: This is the initial stage of the construction. It is where the model and the concept of the project is defined. Based on that you will get the details like area, volume, heights, etc, which will then converted into 3D model too.
- LOD 200 - Schematic Design: This is the second stage of the service where you will come to know the specification as to in what quantity the items and materials are required. Here the model will be represented graphically which will give you the details with approximate quantities, shape, sizes, locations, and orientation of the project. Here you can also attach a non-geometric / graphics information to the models.
- LOD 300 - Detailed Design: This is the stage where the design and the model is converted from 2D to 3D. Here in this phase, you will get the exact details of the requirement and that is where the project origin is been defined and based on the calculation the raw materials and items are been taken into consideration.
- LOD 350 - Construction Documentation: Here come the services where you will get the clarity on the project when the initial set up of the work is done. This is the stage where if at all there is any clash detection, the same can be rectified at the time so as to avoid any delay in delivering the project and its stage of completion. In this, you will get an update on how the building interface and elements interconnect with various systems and building elements with the graphical views.
- LOD 400 - Fabrication & Assembly: Based on the design that is been created, the team proceeds further in assembling the design and fabrication. This is the stage where complete detailing of the services is done. This is possible only when the team of experts present the drawings and handover the same to the constructors by which they can start the work and proceed further.
- LOD 500 - As-Built: This is the stage where the complete fieldwork would be done. The constructed assembly will make sure that the maintenance and operation works are been continued in a systematic way. In addition, it is the service where you will get accurate and actual details of the construction. It includes size, shape, quantity, location, and orientation. Hence, this is also an important stage which needs to be taken into consideration for the process of constructing the building.
The Level of Development (LOD) specifications is the information which gives a reference to all the AEC industry as to how to get the work done with high-level of clarity and reliability of the content in Building Information Modeling (BIM).
We at Silicon Engineering Consultants provide you with the information and services in detail and therefore is one of the renowned organizations amongst the clients. Not only in India, but you can get in touch with us from any part of the world. The experience and knowledge which our team has are what will make your project come true and in reality.